Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Living in Florida you see all kinds of bugs.  I am OK with roaches, black widows, ear wigs, silverfish- you name it I am OK as long as they stay on their side of the room and I stay on mine.  If they come near I have no problem with smashing them.  So, the other day I pick up Dylan from school and he is playing with the back of his head.  I ask what is wrong but he won't say.  He just keeps trying to take a picture of the back of his head with his phone.  Needless to say by the time we were halfway down Branford Highway he comes clean- that he has a huge tick in the back of his head.  I stay calm and let him know that Dad can get it out when we get home- that is the kind of things that Dads do right?  Oh no, he says- Dad will not be touching his head. (They had an agrument the night before).  So, I do the next bext thing- call the Doctor.  She gets on the phone and I ask if I can just bring him buy to get the tick out. Oh no, she says that I can do it-  I tell her- have you seen the size of it?  She gives me a few tips and home we go.  Needless to say the trick was dish soap and tweezers.  I pulled out about 15 hairs along with it- but out he came.  Dylan decided to burn it.  So he lights the tick in the house on a paper towel.  The rest is history- paper towel on fire- Dylan running through the house trying to get out the buring fire in his hand- ashes everwhere- but whew tick gone- and I only used one bad word through the entire thing!  YAY Mom!

2 comments:

Russ Steele said...

Wow, I been itching my head for the last couple of hours. I don't like ticks either.

Unknown said...

As claimed by Stanford Medical, It's in fact the SINGLE reason women in this country get to live 10 years longer and weigh 19 KG lighter than we do.

(And by the way, it is not related to genetics or some hard exercise and absolutely EVERYTHING around "how" they are eating.)

BTW, What I said is "HOW", and not "what"...

CLICK this link to determine if this quick test can help you release your real weight loss potential