Tuesday, March 23, 2010


So yesterday was Lillie's birthday. I asked if I could make her a cake. She said that would be fine and I had the great idea of making a hummingbird cake. We had it at our last DKG meeting and it was delicious. Anyway, long story short- when they self rising flour they mean it. When the cake came out it was flat- I thought oh well,it must just be because I made it into three layers. I frosted it and we dropped it off at Lillies that morning. When dinner came and it was time for cake Lillie goes to cut it and the knife would barely sink in. When she plopped it onto the bowl it THUMPED!!! Matt said that should have been the first warning sign. Anyway, one taste from Matt and it was over- YUCK!!! Lillie and her sister Stella tried to be nice and eat it but-no thanks IT WAS A DISASTER. Talk about embarrassing. So on this birthday of my Dads- I am sure he is thankful that I am all the way in Florida and not making him a cake.

4 comments:

Man Of Steele said...

Yeah - I got a fresh, yummy wonderful banana cream pie! I did let mother and Tracy have one little piece.

Forsyth Family Fun said...

I know next year I am buying a cake. Love you Dad!

Heidi said...

hee hee, I just learned about self-rising flour last week, too! But I chose to follow the recipe and BOUGHT some. :)

Russ Steele said...

Yum, cake