Friday, March 5, 2010






OK so Heidi makes being a Mom of toddlers look like the coolest thing ever- so I am going to try and convince you that being a mom of teenagers is the way to go. Already you are saying you know there is no way- but remember I am a very convincing person and pretty good at BS'ing'.

So.... here we go.... keep checking back and I will have you all wishing you had children over 13!!!

So Dylan has been playing soccer this year. It is pretty much a Mom and Dylan thing. I haul him to practices and games and sit and freeze my tail off watching him-but - we laugh alot when we drive back and forth and I love to see him doing something besides play video games.


Anyway the other day at practice we decided to leave a little early because they were just watching another team play a game- so we took off across the fields- and when I say fields I mean fields- lots and lots of them. While we walk we kick the ball back and forth avoiding small children, large adults, and shrubs, trees, water- you get the idea. When we get to the car I jump in and go to get my phone out of my pocket. No phone. mmmmmmm Look around the car..... No phone. I have lost it somewhere between the car and the field. Now if I still had the old razor I would not have cared but- this is the new phone. The droid- the $150 replacement phone. AAAAAAAA. Dylan looks at me- his eyes tells me he is wondering how I am going to handle this. I breathe- we go looking... and looking.... and looking. Right before we got back to the field where we had ducked out early- Dylan finds it. YAY!!!! He looks at me and gives me that smile only Dylan can and says "High five Mom, we found it and you didn't swear once!!!" Yes, I was impressed. He was impressed. Good day- score one for Mormon Mom!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

it's going to take a LOT to convince me that teenagers are fun.
Way to go on not swearing!
We've decided here at our house that if any of our kids ever swear, we are blaming grandma!

Man Of Steele said...

What is worse, swearing or lying?

Forsyth Family Fun said...

Teenagers are WAY fun!!!! Keep reading- and if Dad I am only really good at one of those- which one do you think it is?

Robin said...

So we at our house are not loving the teen years and we just got there. I need classes so please write often. So was this the game day that we talked??? Kind of funny. It's good to laugh out loud with your kids. Love ya!

Forsyth Family Fun said...

No this was the first practice after. Let's just say that I held on to my phone the whole time. : >