Tuesday, November 24, 2009


I am writing this in hopes that Todd's Amy reads this. I know she would laugh. Lately we have been teaching the same lessons in RS. I facebooked her a while ago asking about Lesson 44 or something like that becasue it was a tough lesson. I was not feeling the love on it. As I researched on the internet the other blogs felt the same way- but I kept trying for inspiration- none- Anyway, being that master teacher that I am, I thought heck, it will come when I am teaching- I will go with the spirit. So, my day comes and I get up and tell the ladies- Let's open our books to Lesson 44- Silence and then someone says, "Don't you mean Lesson 45 Sister Forsyth?" "Oh, yah- that's what I meant- " NOT!!!! I had prepared the wrong lesson! Amy and I were teaching the same lesson I just did not know it!!!!! Anyway, I faked it through the entire thing. WHEW! No one caught on- We prayed and just when I thought I had pulled it off Sister Dorsett asked if she could get one of those handouts she saw I brought- BUSTED- they so did not go with the lesson. The Lord teaches us humility when we need it- I think I really must have needed it.

4 comments:

Russ Steele said...

Hey sis, the church has encouraged us to have the same lessons every second and third sunday for several years now.

It is nice to know that no matter where you are in the world on those two Sunday's everyone is learning the same thing.

Man Of Steele said...

In basketball many POINTS are scored on re-bounds. COACHES love great re-bounders!

Forsyth Family Fun said...

Thank you Dad- I felt the love on your comment- Russ- I feel sorry for the next time you have to teach. : >

Heidi said...

Awww...that's so funny! I would have just pulled out the chalk and eraser and played a little hangman!